This is a small list of the most common questions and doubts. If you need more help, comment below and I may add your question to the list.
How do I download?
To download my creations, you should look for the downloads buttons or links at the bottom of the post. By clicking it, you'll be lead to an external link to the host Mediafire (this site has no viruses at all, don't get alarmed!) Follow the instructions and you will get a .rar, where the item you downloaded is compressed.
What kind of file should I download? Package or Sims3Pack?
That decision is up to you. If you are new at downloading custom content, I highly recommend downloading .sims3pack files since those are easier to install.
What do I do with the .rar file?
You have to uncompress it to get what is inside. Use the free version of WinRAR or 7zip to uncompress the .rar file. (Don't worry, both programs are secure) Uncompress the file either in your desktop or in the desired folder.
How do I install custom content files?
It all depends on the type of file you have downloaded. There are three kind of files: .package, .sims3pack and .sim
NOTE: Before installing anything, make sure you game is fully updated!
To install a .package file:
1. Extract the .package file into your desktop or the desired folder.
2. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. If you don't have the last two folders, go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and create a folder called 'Mods' and inside a folder called 'Packages' (without the apostrophes) and place this file (Resource.cfg) into the 'Mods' folder.
3. Put the downloaded .package file into the 'Packages' folder.
NOTE: If this mini tutorial doesn't help, please read this tutorial from ModTheSims: Installing Sims 3 "Package" Files
To install a .sims3pack file:
1. Extract the .sims3pack file into your desktop or the desired folder.
2. Double click the file, that will open launcher of the game and install the file through it.
Note: if the launcher doesn't recognize the file, place it into the My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder and then repeat step 2.
To install a .sim file:
1. Extract the .sim file into your desktop or the desired folder.
2. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims. If you don't have the last folder, you have to create it by opening the game, going to Create-a-Sim, make a sim and save it to the bin using the buttons below (the little arrow with an asterisk) This will also create a file called 'downloadedsims.index' that is needed for the custom sim to work.
3. Put the downloaded .sim file into the 'SavedSims' folder. You can uninstall the files by deleting them (.package and .sim only) or via launcher (.sims3pack only)
NOTE: If you need further information, please read ModTheSims guide.
Where did you get the custom content the models in the pictures are using?
There is a list under every post with links to those items called "Model Credits". Before asking for the desired item, make sure you have read the list.
What is a texture? and what is a mesh?
All the pieces from the game (clothes, hairs, objects, sims, etc) are made of two principal parts: meshes and textures. The mesh is the part that gives the tridimensional shape to the item, like for example, the body of the sim. The texture is what you see covering the mesh, making it visible and giving it color. For example, when you put your sim in a dress, the texture is basically what covers your sim's skin. Anyway, you shouldn't be worrying about this!
Is the mesh included? What if it isn't?
Most of the times, the mesh is included. There are a few exceptions where the mesh is not included and you have to download it from another site, in that case, there will be an explicit text on the pictures or description
that states "Mesh is NOT included". If the mesh is not included, then the item you downloaded won't show up in your game, you must get it from the original site.
Are your creations free?
Yes. My creations are and will always be free.